Resurrection College Prep Class of 2020
Saturday, January 9, 2016
Exam Day Information
- Testers should enter at the Main Entrance at Resurrection College Prep High School at 7500 W. Talcott by 7:45 am on Saturday, January 9.
- The Entrance Exam is only open to 8th grade girls.
- Pre-registration is not required. Students must arrive with two #2 pencils and a testing fee of $25 (cash or check made payable to Resurrection College Prep).
- Students must test at Resurrection to be eligible for the Top 10 Tester Scholarship and other scholarships opportunities at Resurrection College Prep.
- Calculators are not allowed.
- Students will be given breaks between sections of the exam. Water and snacks will be provided and students are also welcome to bring their own snacks.
- Parents should plan to pick-up students at Noon.
- Students will take the High School Placement Test (HSPT), which is created and scored by Scholastic Testing Service. There are three areas to the exam:
1. Cognitive, which has 2 parts: VERBAL (analogies, synonyms, antonyms, logic) and QUANTATIVE (reasoning, comparison and sequences).
2. Basic, which has 3 parts: READING (comprehension, vocabulary), LANGUAGE (punctuation, spelling, capitalization) and MATH.
3. SCIENCE: an optional portion that Resurrection does include in the testing.
Parent Information Session
- Limited accommodations may be available for students with a current IEP or 504 Plan and may include extended time, alternate location for testing, alternative to scantron or to accommodate dietary needs.
- Accommodations must be requested and documentation must be received by Tuesday, January 5. Please send information and request to Registrar Mary Kaye Ulczak at email@example.com or fax to 1.773.775.0611.
Make- Up Exam
- A make-up exam will be offered to students who have not tested at another Catholic high school and the date of the Resurrection make-up exam will be posted to the Resurrection website after January 9.
- Questions may be directed to Nancy O'Leary at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773.775.6616 Ext 129.