Make Up Entrance Exam
Resurrection College Prep Class of 2020
Saturday, January 23, 2016
Make Up Exam Day Information
- Testers should enter at the Main Entrance at Resurrection College Prep High School at 7500 W. Talcott by 7:45 am on Saturday, January 23.
- The Entrance Exam is only open to 8th grade girls who have not already taken a placement exam within the Chicago Archdiocese.
- Pre-registration is required by calling Nancy O'Leary at 773-775-6616 Ext 129. Students must arrive with two #2 pencils and a testing fee of $25 (cash or check made payable to Resurrection College Prep).
- Students must test at Resurrection to be eligible for the Top Tester Scholarship and other scholarships opportunities at Resurrection College Prep.
- Calculators are not allowed.
- Students will be given breaks between sections of the exam. Water and snacks will be provided and students are also welcome to bring their own snacks.
- Parents should plan to pick-up students at Noon .
- Students will take the High School Placement Test (HSPT), which is created and scored by Scholastic Testing Service. There are three areas to the exam:
1. Cognitive, which has 2 parts: VERBAL (analogies, synonyms, antonyms, logic) and QUANTATIVE (reasoning, comparison and sequences).
2. Basic, which has 3 parts: READING (comprehension, vocabulary), LANGUAGE (punctuation, spelling, capitalization) and MATH.
3. SCIENCE: an optional portion that Resurrection does include in the testing.