Class of 2026 Freshmen Orientation Important Information
RES FRESHMEN ORIENTATION UPDATE
WELCOME CLASS OF 2026
Class of 2026,
Your freshmen orientation is Monday, and we cannot wait to see you on campus! Below are a couple of reminders to prepare you for your first day.
Monday, August 15
Main Office doors open at 7:45 a.m., freshmen orientation begins promptly at 8:20 a.m.
Students will be dismissed at 3:00 p.m. from Door 8. Please pick up your daughter in the parking lot along the side of the building by the gymnasium (Door 8). We ask that you do not line up outside the Main Entrance.
Lunch will be provided to students. For Monday, August 15, lunch will include pizza, a cookie, and a drink. If you have a dietary restriction, we ask that you please bring your own lunch.
What to Wear:
All students are asked to come to freshmen orientation in uniform. School uniforms can be purchased through Dennis Uniforms. Information on our approved uniforms and ordering information can be found online here: https://www.reshs.org/parents under "Uniform & Dress Code."
Chromebooks and School Supplies:
- If your student took summer school, they should bring their Chromebook on Monday. Otherwise, they will receive their Chromebook at orientation.
- We ask that students also bring something to write with and a water bottle, if they wish
What to expect:
- Meet new people and get to know other members of the Class of 2026
- Learn your way around the building
- Understand and practice your schedule/find your classes
- Meet teachers and other faculty and administrative members
- Get your ID photo taken
- Get your locker assignment and learn how to open your locker
- Learn about the use of your Chromebook and technology, including Gmail/Google Drive basics, navigating Power School and Schoology, and Library/Media resources
- Team building activities
- Work with upperclassmen mentors to get to know, get involved, and get comfortable at RES