St. John Brebeuf Church
8307 N Harlem Ave, Niles, IL
Thursday, May 27, 2021
6:30-8:30 p.m. (check-in for guests starts at 5:45 p.m.)
Graduates must check-in by 5:45 p.m.
Each graduate will be allowed to register 5 guests
2021 Resurrection College Prep Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement CeremonyWe are very excited to be hosting our 2021 Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Ceremony at St. John Brebeuf Church. As this is a sacred space, please be mindful of the following procedures and etiquette as together we commit to a Mass and graduation ceremony that is both joyous and solemn.
- All graduates need to be at the Parish Ministry Center starting at 5:45 p.m. to check-in and to line up for their procession.
- Guest check-in will be at the Main Entrance of the church starting at 5:45 p.m.
- Check-in at the church for guests will be in alphabetical order by the graduate's last name.
- Graduates should plan to leave all valuables with a parent. Valuables left in the Parish Center will be at your own risk.
- Graduates will process into the church and will be seated together.
- St. John Brebeuf Parish requires that we provide information regarding each guest attending the ceremony in the church.
- The deadline to register guests was Monday, May 24th and registration spots are NOT transferable to others.
- There will not be hard copies of tickets provided for Baccalaureate Mass & Commencement.
- All mitigation efforts remain required – masks are to be worn, individuals are to maintain as much physical distance as possible, hand washing/sanitization is essential.
- All cell phones or audio devices are to be silenced before you enter the church.
- Guests are not permitted to get up/move around the church for pictures during the ceremony.
- “Shot Time Productions” will be videotaping the entire ceremony and it be available on our YouTube channel in the days following the ceremony.
The ceremony will not be live-streamed.
- Please join in polite applause for each graduate as she receives her diploma. So each graduate gets proper recognition and the audience can hear each name, please refrain from shouts and whistling.
- NO BALLOONS are allowed in the church. Flowers are permissible.
- At the end of the commencement ceremony, seniors will exit the church and go back to the Parish Ministry Center to pick up an envelope containing their diplomas.
- Once the graduates, faculty and administration process out of the church, guests should exit the church and wait for their graduate to pick up her diploma. Please help clear the lobby and entrances, by moving away from the building once you are outside.
Graduates and guests - please read the procedures and etiquette information below for other important details.
Learn about our amazing Class of 2021 graduates - click the link below for information about senior celebrations, scholarships and awards, colleges and universities the students will be attending, senior spotlights and more!