Senior Class Announcements
Dear Seniors and Senior Parents/Guardians,
What a wonderful season! We are nearing the end of the quarter of your daughter’s senior year. Though we will miss her at Resurrection College Prep and the moment is bittersweet, we are excited to send your daughter into the world for the next phase of her life. Several common questions and concerns arise this time of the year that hopefully this letter will address.
Year-end Senior events & Announcements
Attendance is vital to a student’s education. Colleges look at a student’s attendance record, as well as her academic record. Only illness and required quarantines will keep a student from attending classes. Let’s keep our young women in school until the last day.
SENIOR DITCH DAY
Resurrection College Prep does not recognize senior ditch day. Students who choose to ditch forfeit the opportunity to receive credit for classwork or missed tests. Assignments dropped off on behalf of the absent student will not be accepted.
SENIOR RETREAT | Wednesday, April 13th
For those seniors that did not attend a Kairos retreat, the one-day senior retreat is required on Wednesday, April 13th at Resurrection. More details will come from the campus ministry team.
SEMESTER PROGRESS REPORTS/REPORT CARDS
Your daughter’s academic progress throughout the semester is on PowerSchool. Final report cards will be mailed home the second week of June. More and more colleges accept a student with the contingency that the student’s 8th semester grades remain consistent with other semester grades, so it is important for your daughter to remain focused. If your daughter’s weekly academic progress in a class goes below a C, she is in danger of not passing a class, additional academic interventions will be put in place for her.
FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS & COURSE AND CREDIT COMPLETION
Please be reminded that all accounts are to be paid in full by Friday, April 29th
Seniors with outstanding balances at the end of the year will not be permitted to participate in any of the senior activities taking place in May. These include the Senior Prom, Honors Convocation, Final Exams, and the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Ceremony. Please make arrangements now (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure that all financial obligations have been taken care of by this date as no exceptions will be made.
Only seniors who have successfully completed the required courses and credits will be permitted to participate in the Honors Convocation and the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Ceremony.
In April, seniors will be given a form to sign for the Records Office indicating where they want the final transcript sent. Colleges and universities need verification that the student has, in fact, graduated.
AP REVIEW DAY AND EXAMS
We are offering an AP review day on Friday, April 29th. This is an optional day for attendance for juniors and seniors because freshmen and sophomores will be testing. The AP teachers are creating a schedule for their AP classes for optional review sessions. We highly encourage students in AP classes to attend these review sessions:
- Monday, May 2nd : AP Government and Political Science Exam from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 3rd: AP Environmental Science Exam from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 3rd: AP Psychology Exam from 12:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 4th: AP English Literature Exam from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 5th: AP Statistics Exam from 12:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 6th: AP U.S. History Exam from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 9th: AP Calculus Exam from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 10th: AP English Literature Exam from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 11th: AP Spanish Exam from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 11th: AP Biology Exam from 12:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 12th: AP World History Exam from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
SENIOR FINAL EXAMS | Monday, May 16th and Tuesday, May 17th
Senior final exams will take place on Monday, May 16th (Periods 1, 2, 3 and 4) and Tuesday, May 17th (Periods 5, 6 and 7). The senior exam guidelines regarding possible exemptions have been posted on Schoology and emailed to the seniors as well.
CAP AND GOWN PICK-UP | Monday, May 2nd
Caps and Gowns will be available for pick-up from the Jostens representative during lunch periods on Monday, May 2nd. Note: financial balances must be paid in full to receive cap and gown.
Please note: Due to the folds of the packaged gowns, please be sure that they are presentable before the Honors Convocation and Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Ceremony. DO NOT directly apply an iron to the gown. They can either be steamed or hung near a hot shower. If you use an iron, place the iron on low heat with a thin towel between the iron and the gown.
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Please note: There will be no school for seniors on this day.
Cost of prom is $240 per couple or $180 for a single student. The final payment was due on Monday, March 7th. Students whose accounts are delinquent will not be allowed to make prom payments.
Please be reminded that this is a high school prom. RES students and guests are expected to dress appropriately and modestly. Short dresses must be no more than 3” above the knee. Please cover any tattoos or body piercings. Guests need to follow similar dress guidelines or wear either a tuxedo or a shirt and tie with dress and pants suits. Dress shoes are to be worn. Shoes must be worn at all times. If a student anticipates having to remove uncomfortable shoes, they must bring another pair to wear. Inappropriate attire will be addressed, and a student may be required to leave the prom if they are dressed inappropriately. Students may not bring guests who are older than 20 years of age. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
SENIOR SUNRISE AND SENIOR BREAKFAST | Thursday, May 5th
Senior Sunrise and Senior Breakfast will take place on Thursday, May 5th. Seniors are invited to arrive in the early morning and gather on the field to watch the sunrise as a class and celebrate the end of high school together. Students are encouraged to bring a blanket and a warm beverage for the sunrise. Senior Sunrise will be immediately followed by Senior Breakfast in the Cafeteria where the Class of 2022 will be treated to a breakfast buffet. The time of the sunrise will be announced closer to Thursday, May 5th.
HONORS CONVOCATION | Friday, May 13th
This event will be held the morning of Friday, May 13th. All seniors are required to attend this event and bring their cap and gown. More information regarding senior check-in will be communicated soon.
Seniors will participate in an all-school Honors Convocation to recognize the academic and athletic achievements, as well as dedication to service and leadership of the Class of 2022. Parents are invited to attend! An invitation will follow soon with more detailed information.
COMMENCEMENT PRACTICE & DISTRIBUTION OF TICKETS | Friday, May 13th
On Friday, May 13th at 10:00 a.m., there will be Commencement practice in the Gym. This will be following the Honors Convocation event. At the conclusion of practice, each senior will receive six (6) tickets for the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Ceremony. Although we cannot offer more tickets to each student, if someone does not need all of her tickets, she is free to give them to someone who may need more tickets.
SENIOR BBQ | Friday, May 13th
The senior BBQ will be held on Friday, May 13th at 11:00 a.m. The school provides an outdoor (weather permitting), picnic style lunch only for our seniors. Typically, the administration and volunteers from the Men’s Club run the event and the seniors will be able to change into comfortable clothes after the Honors Convocation.
BACCALAUREATE MASS AND COMMENCEMENT Information
The Class of 2022 is the 97th graduating class of Resurrection College Prep High School. All guests must have a ticket, including children/infants. Each senior will receive six (6) tickets for the Baccalaureate Mass and Commencement Ceremony.
Chicago, IL 60611
Graduates MUST BE at the Holy Name Parish Center no later than 6:15 p.m. to check-in. Graduates should plan to leave all valuables with a parent. Valuables left in the Parish Center will be at your own risk. These doors will NOT be locked, though security will be present.
ATTIRE FOR GRADUATES
- Cap and Gown
- White dress or light colored dress or white dress slacks and blouse
- Appropriate dress shoes (no gym shoes, boots, or flip flops)
- Doors to Holy Name Cathedral will open for guests starting at 6:15 p.m. Guests will not be able to enter before 6:15 p.m.
- Currently, Holy Name Cathedral’s COVID-19 policy is that masks are optional. We will follow Holy Name’s COVID-19 policy and guidance, and if anything is to change, we will abide by those changes.
- Everyone will need to present a ticket at the Main entrance (State Street) of the Cathedral to be admitted. The handicapped entrance is located on Superior St. side of the Cathedral.
- If handicap accessible accommodations are needed, please contact Ms. Christina Marte at email@example.com. The deadline to submit these requests is April 25, 2022.
- There will be a Will Call table at the Cathedral entrance, should you need to leave tickets there for any late arrivals. If anyone in your party arrives after 7:00 p.m., they will need to sit in the back of the church so as not to disrupt the Mass or graduation ceremony. Please plan ahead so your party can arrive ON TIME.
- Holy Name Cathedral has not communicated with us yet on additional parking options, but once we have that, we will send out a notification with more information.
- Per Holy Name Cathedral’s policy, flowers, balloons and other objects (i.e. food/drinks) are not allowed inside.
- Our formal ceremony is in keeping with our academic tradition. While families may choose to celebrate the occasion afterward in an informal way, during the ceremony itself, RESPECTFUL FORMAL BEHAVIOR IS EXPECTED. PLEASE HONOR THIS REQUEST.
- This ceremony is about honoring the entire Class of 2022. Applause or any sign of individual student recognition such as cheers, whistles, or calling of an individual student’s name is disruptive to the event and disrespectful in a cathedral setting. Applause will be held until all students have received awards or diplomas.
- Guests will remain seated throughout the program and until all graduates have processed out of the cathedral.
- All cell phones or audio devices are to be silenced before you enter the church.
- Shot Time Productions will be taping the entire ceremony, and then, we will have it available on our YouTube channel after the commencement ceremony. It will not be live streamed.
- Guests are not permitted to get up/move around the church for pictures during the ceremony.
- The Cathedral will remain open for 15 minutes after the Commencement Ceremony for photos. Please help clear the lobby and entrances, by moving away from the building once you are outside. Please be patient as you leave…Safety first!